Mayweather v McGregor is on Floyd Says it ‘May Not be a Rumour’

Floyd Mayweather has given the strongest hint yet of a possible comeback in a super fight against UFC fighter Conor McGregor.

Amid reports claiming a deal has been struck for the superstars to duel in a lucrative boxing match, the retired pound-for-pound king said in an interview with fighthype.com that nothing should be ruled out.

“It’s possible. It’s possible. It [McGregor] was a name that was shot at me.

“The rumours that you’ve all been hearing are the ones that I’ve started. It may not be a rumour.

“It may be a boxer versus an MMA fighter, so we just don’t know.”

According to the Mirror, the 39-year-old former five division world champion has stated that he expects to receive upwards of $100million dollars whoever his next opponent is, as only such a 9-figure payday could lure him back into the ring.

Meanwhile, McGregor sent Twitter into meltdown on Sunday when he uploaded a mock-up fight poster of him going head-to-head with ‘Money’, seeing as both fighters have been engaged in verbal jousts over the past year.

McGregor, who was last month sensationally pulled from July’s UFC 200 card after his shock defeat to Nate Diaz, challenged Mayweather to a fight in January.

“If you want we can organise a fight no problem. I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue,” McGregor wrote on Facebook.

“At 27 years of age, I now hold the key to this game. The game answers to me now,” he added.